Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival 1



How do people decide which of their quilts to "display" in the Blogger's Quilt Festival?  When thinking about what to enter this year, I immediately figured I would just choose this and this.  However, then I decided to read my post from last year's festival.  That was just a few months after I started blogging and I had only made a handful of quilts at the time.  In the post, I wrote about how my littlest (7 months at the time) had spent many hours on that quilt and how it was in so many photos of her but that she was getting mobile and the quilt was not being used much anymore but that I hoped she would find it at some later point and love it as an older child.




Well, that quilt ended up in the pile that my older daughters' use for various things but I recently made this new baby quilt.  And, I don't know what it is about this quilt but she LOVES it.  When we are in the house, she carries it around and is constantly cuddling with it.  And when we go out, she makes sure to have me drape it over the side of her crib so that she'll know right where it is when we get home (at least that is my interpretation of why she insists I put it there.)  



Like I said, I really have no idea what it is about this quilt that she finds so special.  It is certainly not the first quilt I've made for her and there are several quilt in the same size around my house that she could have taken for her own but this is the first one for which she has shown affection.



So while this might not be the most complicated or unique quilt I've made, this is the one that is special for me today as I'm choosing which quilts to feature for the Quilt Festival.  If you want more information about the quilt, here is the original post.   

To see the other posts in the Blogger's Quilt Festival, click here.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt - and so special that your little one is so taken with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised she is so taken with it either - it's very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely quilt, and I think the reason behind your choice is a great one! I guess your daughter is discovering her tastes - and this quilt is what she likes. I think she has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter has great taste! I love the colours of this quilt and a lovely story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a quilt that is loved, and that is - after all - why we make quilts. It is also very beautiful too. Great choice, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just has that quality. ;-)

    I love the colour choices but the inset strips are my favourite part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! You are so great about mixing and matching colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great quilt. I love 16 patch blocks and yours have a nice pop to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely story. It just shows a quilt doesn't have to be complicated to be beautiful or loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 great choices, both beautiful, and it doesn't have to be complicated to be special to the ones we love! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is what quilts are for. To be loved, just like the Velveteen rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I love it too. I love the colors and the simplicity of the 16 patch. The whole thing really is appealing. Glad she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a lovely quilt. She will probably love it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the mustards you've used with the variety of pinks! And the pale aqua sashing just works somehow - great quilt! No wonder it's been 'claimed'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors are gorgeous. Love how striking it is even in it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colors are gorgeous. Love how striking it is even in it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt! I think my favorite quilts have always been the simplest patterns! The colors combination is so beautiful. The light aqua sashing is just perfect behind all those vibrant pinks and yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple but beautiful. And the fact that your daughter loves it, makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colours, and so glad your daughter loves it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet! I love your choice of pinks and greens on the turquoise background. Any little girl would be delighted to cuddle in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!