Sunday, August 5, 2012
Blog Hop News 12
Here are the links to the four bloggers to visit this week - and while you are there, leave a comment to say hello!
Liz from What I Did on My Summer Vacation
Susan from Canadian Abroad
Kirsten from Gemini Stitches
Stephanie from Sewing by Stephanie
The advice and let's figure it out series are still on a short summer hiatus. In the meantime, how is everyone feeling about social media? I know some of you are resistant to one or more of these but I still recommend trying at least one that is new to you. Why? Well, using social media is a great way to grow your blog but it is also a great way to (1) make and keep up with new blog friends, (2) to see and share WIPs and other projects that may or may not make the cut for a blog post, (3) to cheer each other on during the sewing process, (4) to ask questions about a project you are working on, (5) to find fabric sales and destashing sales, and (6) to post photo outtakes (oh, and Instagram filters are great for a quick photo edit!) So, I know I've asked this question before but I'm putting it out there again for a conversation: How do you use the various social media outlets available and what advice do you have about using them? And how would you finish this sentence: social media is a great way to . . .
If you want to like/follow/contact me, I use plumandjune for my username on all my social media sites and here is the link to find me on flickr, twitter, and facebook.
This week's complicated rules:
1. Anyone who is participating or following along with the hop can add a link that is quilting or sewing-related.
2. Link up any post you want - old or new from your blog. When the link tool asks for your name, type in the name of your favorite family board game.
3. If you have any current blog events, link them here as well - just put the name of the event when the link tool asks for your name.
4. Please consider linking to this page from your blog (either in a post or from your sidebar) so others can join in as well.
5. Please visit (at least) the person who links up before you and leave a comment to say hello!