I am so excited that the activity mini quilt I wrote about yesterday was chosen by Rachel at Stitched in Color as one of the finalists in her Nursery Versery Contest! Click here to see the other finalists and to vote for your favorite (voting is open until midnight EDT tomorrow, Tuesday August 28th.)
What I am not so excited about is that my sewing machine broke while I was making this - literally at the last step. I was sewing the front and back together and when I was just about to the third side, my machine stopped (luckily, I was so close to done, I was easily able to hand stitch the rest!) I gave it the night to rest but it is still not working! If you read my blog, you probably know that I've been talking about needing a new machine for awhile and the one I've been using is worth less than it would cost to even get a repair estimate. So, I guess I'll be doing a bit of shopping this week (good thing I have a small backlog of finished sewing projects that I haven't written about here yet!) If you have any sewing machine suggestions, let me know!
And on to the blog hop:
Bloggers to visit this week:
Lucy from Charm About You
Ella from throw a wench in the works
Elaine from Dashasel Sews
Jess from The Elven Garden
The winner of last week's giveaway from Skye Reve Fabrics is Nat at Made in HomeAugust 20, 2012 5:41 AM. Yay! I'll be contacting you soon.
This week's complicated rules:
1. Anyone who is participating or following along with the hop can add a link that is quilting or sewing-related.
2. Link up any sewing/quilting post you want from your blog. When the link tool asks for your name, type in your favorite back to school supply.
3. If you have any current blog events, link them here as well - just put the name of the event when the link tool asks for your name.
4. Please consider linking to this page from your blog (either a text link or the button) so others can join in as well.
5. Please visit (at least) the person who links up before you and leave a comment to say hello!