Tuesday, May 27, 2014

a little more sewing


Well, it looks like my sewjo has reappeared. I now actually have a few projects in the works including the one above. Though I might actually abandon this one and start over - I made some choices I'm not loving and since I used quilt-as-you-go, I'm kind of stuck with it! Fortunately, it is still in the early stages.


I've also made just way too many of these drawstring bags. I used a great tutorial from Svetlana at s.o.t.a.k. handmade. I wanted to make something cute to store my youngest daughter's puzzles but these were so quick and easy that I made several more with no specific purpose in mind.




Anne from play crafts wrote a great advice post yesterday which you can find by clicking here. And even if you are not seeking new blogger advice, you should still visit Anne's blog to see her beautiful projects and to use her awesome palette builder. And remember, you can find links to all of the past advice posts by clicking here



Also, the 2014 new quilt blogger blog hop is starting soon. If you have left a comment about wanting to participate and haven't heard back, please send me an email using the link in my sidebar as soon as possible. Thanks.



And lastly, some sponsor news. Click here to learn all about Fat Quarter Shop's Mega Quilt Market Sweepstakes!  This is a huge giveaway, their biggest to date. If you click on that link, you can also watch a video showing all of the prizes.

15 comments:

  1. Those drawstring bags are adorable! I bet the extra ones will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the drawstring bags. I have found they work great as gift bags at baby showers - they can be easily reused by the family for all the toys they are about to have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you really ever have too many bags? They are fabulous and I bet you'll find a reason to make more - they make great gift bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics for bags. I'm sure you'll find some use for those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the palette and fabrics you're using in the quilt you're working on!! I read Anne's post - it was brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the colors you're using for the quilt, I'm sure it will be stunning. Love the bags, too. So pretty and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I don't know what choices you made that weren't good, but I agree with Lucy - that palette is absolutely stunning. It caught my eye immediately when I pulled up your blog page. I love pastels that don't feel too babyish or beachish. I'm eager to hear more about your conundrum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found your sew-jo again. If you're not loving something, set it aside and think about it for a day before you do anything rash! It looks beautiful to me, too...but in the end you need to do what makes you happy! Whatever you choose with be lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your sew jo is back and I'm excited to see what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yah! I'm glad your sewing mojo back. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea for storing the puzzles in the draw string bags - my girls have their puzzles in plastic boxes and they feel so sterile - no wonder they never play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your colour palette in you wip. And those drawstring bags are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those drawstring bags are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello just wondering if im too late to join the blog hop, many thanx jannette

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad your sewing mojo is back. I really like your quilt-as-you-go project. Love the colors you chose.
    The drawstring bags are super cute. You can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!