Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Few New Scarves and the Let's Get Acquainted Link Up

I recently realized that I have a few occasions coming up in the next few months which are going to require me to wear something other than yoga pants.  So I figured - why not sew some scarves?!?


Without giving it much thought, I grabbed the rest of the AMH flannel and voile from when I made some Figure 8 scarves for holiday presents (blogged here.)  However, shortly after finishing this scarf, it occurred to me that flannel is probably not what I'll want for the spring so I went back to my small stash of voile and with the help of my 7 year old chose two prints to make a scarf.


I only had 1/2 yard cuts of each of these prints so I cut them in half lengthwise and sewed them together  on the short side so that I had a long, skinny piece of each.  I cut off about 10 inches from each of the fabrics and then just sewed the two fabrics right sides together leaving a small opening which I hand-stitched closed.  I like it and definitely will be wearing it but I think for my next one, I'll make it a bit longer and wider.  Which is funny because it is basically the same dimensions that I used and really like for the Figure 8 scarf but for the regular scarf, I felt it was too skinny.  Next time I order voile, I'll have to remember to get a full yard instead of a half.


And speaking of scarves, I'll be posting about my knitting adventures later this week.


Plum and June


1. Link up any recent sewing/quilting post.
2. In your post or on your blog, please include either a text link or a button letting people know about this link up.
3. Visit at least the two bloggers who link up before you and everyone who visits you from this post.
4. When the link tool asks for your name, write down your most common sewing error.




11 comments:

  1. Nice scarves Beth, have never used voile might have to test it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarves! Like Fiona, I haven't tried voile before either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really are very beautiful - the colours look so lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric you chose is beautiful! Cannot wait to hear all about the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have design "helpers!". Your scarves look great. I bought some AMH velveteen and voile with the plan of making the infinity scarf but the directions are quite daunting to me. It should be simple enough, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely scarves!! Do you like velveteen? I have some voile from AMH litte folky. I though I'd make another scarf for my mom this coming Mother's day~ xc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, Beth! I'm a scarf girl too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scarves! I always loved wearing scarves when I lived back East and I don't get the chance enough out here. I'll need to make some voile ones, so I can wear them again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarves are so pretty. I've been seeing the style around and it is clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scarves are beautiful Beth! How nice to have little helpers with such great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scarves! I made one too, I'm wearing it in my post today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!