Thursday, January 10, 2013

Figure 8 Scarf

As I mentioned here, I am busy organizing the ridiculous amount of photos on my computer.  As such, I haven't done much sewing with the exception of one or two scrappy trip along blocks a day.  However, I still have a few projects from December that I haven't written about yet.


I used Anna Maria Horner's fabric and tutorial to make this Figure 8 scarf.  I used flannel and voile but since I had only had 1/2 yard of the voile, mine measured 9 x 72" instead of 18 x 72" and I have an extra seam.  I still really like the scarf - it is sooooo soft!  I was very tempted to keep it but I made it for a holiday gift.


I used shot cotton with the flannel for the second scarf.  I didn't keep this one either but next 
time . . . 

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF.


16 comments:

  1. Oh they're gorgeous Beth! That flannel looks soooo soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarves look great. I've made them using Anna Marie's tutorial too but with silky dress fabrics. They are very soft and drapey but the silky fabric are a bit hard to work with because they are so slippery. Is the shot cotton one soft? I'd love to make one with a mix of Kaffe prints but wonder if it will be to stiff. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Those scarves are fun to make...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are lovely, they look so soft. Lucky ladies who received those as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to say that the voile and flannel one looks as cuddly as you say it is. Beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely Beth, I am sure they were much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, that scarf looks great! And I can relate to sorting out photos, I have just come back from holiday and I have about 1000 to sort through and edit, not to mention deciding which ones to put on facebook! Good luck and I hope you can get back to sewing soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so soft and snuggly, they're on my to do list for spring, fab presents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gifts! I love the idea of a flannel & voile scarf, it sounds so cuddly and soft! I just got some flannel in yesterday and I can't stop walking by just to touch it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so cozy. I love the fabrics you used. They are so pretty. But I'm sure they are very much appreciated at their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Beth! I haven't made my own scarf yet, but I need to someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to make one of these too. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such yummy blues! How did you know that this was my favourite colour? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!