Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIPs, Blocks, and Pics

Just some photos from my week.


The girl's redecorated their "library" using a crochet blanket I made a few years ago (it is an old crib mattress on the floor and an old toddler bed mattress against the wall.)  Comfy!  (I can't remember if this is the pattern I used but it is very similar.)


I put together the July block from In Color Order's HST block of the month (love this one!)  You can see my others here. 



Needlepoint?!?


As Bethany wrote about here, we made a pact to try paper piecing this month.  The pic above is my attempt.  I have to say, Bethany actually made it super easy for me since she immediately wrote a post complete with links to video tutorials and she created the awesome pattern for this super cute "tanganimal" - with more animals to come soon.


Have I mentioned that before our little blog hop came about, I had signed on to participate in the Red, White, and Blue Blog Hop.  I'm up on July 13th.


After seeing this awesome quilt yesterday by Amber from One Shabby Chick, I knew what my next quilt project would be.  And the tutorial she used from Elizabeth is fantastic (as Oh Fransson tutorials always are!)


Plum and JunePlum and June
Plum and June
And click here to read a wonderful advice post by Sara from Sew Sweetness and to enter the giveaway to win some patterns from Kate Conklin Designs.

Linking up to a few of these..

18 comments:

  1. is that a little squirrel that is so cute...i love the one shabby chick quilt. it looks great. i can see why you would want to make one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your squirrel turned out, really cute! :D Thank you for trying out my pattern. Your HST block of the month is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper piecing looks brilliant. And love the idea of a library corner. Want one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your HST BOM looks lovely, you are very quick I haven't even cut out the fabric yet!

    Well done on your paper piecing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great lot of projects! Love the colours and the fabrics =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy week! The needlepoint looks interesting.... Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the quilt you do from Oh Fransson's tutorial! I love the look of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th Beth, looks like you have been busy! Really love your HST's blocks, can't wait to see the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You paper pieced! And you did awesome! How did you like it? You have a lot of talents, crochet? needlepoint? I have no clue how to do either of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the paper piecing! Lovely projects as usual. Looking forward to the full reveal of your needlepoint project. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with the paper piecing. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely projects! You always use such great fabrics and colours :) Well done you for trying out paper piecing. Are you loving it yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! Your paper piecing looks great, love that squirrel! Paper piecing can be so addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Imagination running wild...they will be decorators for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tang animal is very interesting really great work on that one!!

    Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of pretty things going on here today! Looks like you're having fun, even in the heat! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!