Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wednesday - WIP and Wrap Up

What I'm working on and what I've recently finished:




Inspired by all the picnic blankets I've been seeing around like Svetlana's and Rachel's, I cut out 10 inch squares from most of the fabrics in my stash and used an old sheet for the backing and straps.  I had a good number of novelty fabrics that I added in so that I can use it for I spy when the baby gets a bit older and we are watching her sisters play soccer.


A little front zip pouch for me!  (I left off the straps but I basically used this technique again.)



Another one of Jeni's drawstring bags - this time big enough to fit several baby toys.


Getting ready for a hand-stitched hexagon project!


Testing a fun embroidery pattern for a blog friend - I'll be showing the finish later this month.  I'm also working very slowly on my needlepoint project every so often.



My school rules mini quilt was the featured tutorial on Sew Can She last Friday.  Caroline has links to lots of wonderful tutorials - if you are looking for some inspiration, you should check out her website.

 Practically Paper Piecing

And last, but so definitely not least - Kristy from Quiet Play has organized a great paper piecing blog hop (isn't that the cutest button?!?)  It starts tomorrow and my day is August 21st.  And it all culminates in a link party with some fab prizes.  Click here to find this week's schedule.

A Quilter’s Table

Debbie at A Quilter's Table started this fun link up at the beginning of July and all month, I've been telling her that I have this picnic blanket in the works that I'm going to add - well, it ends at midnight tonight so I am just in time!

I'm also linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

18 comments:

  1. Your picnic blanket is so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picnic blanket and the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been very productive! Your picnic quilt looks great. I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blanket! It has such a happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking items there! The pouch is so cute! Loving the idea that quilts can just be simple and still look very effective. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been a busy bee, lately! I feel like I'm falling behind... Great projects, Beth. That picnic blanket is adorable, and I love your pouch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you use pencil to trace your embroidery? Does it wash out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you've been busy! All your projects look great! Love the picnic blanket - so bright and cheerful!

    Thanks for posting about the blog hop! It's going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your picnic blanket! The colors are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your picnic blanket! It is so sweet! Thanks for sharing & glad you could link up to Tuesday at the {picnic} Table - what a perfect project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects! I love the picnic quilt. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been busy! The picnic blanket looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, so productive! Gorgeous picnic blanket. I really must make one before Spring. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful picnic blanket! Nice and cheery! And I'm glad you liked the button :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the drawstring bag! What a lovely assortment to share with us! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything you have made is great and I can't wait to see your new projects! I have been wanting to make a picnic blanket. Maybe by NEXT summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great. Can't wait to try ur tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!