Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I'm so excited to link up for this week's WIP Wednesday as my blogging friend Taryn of From Pixels to Patchwork is hosting.  Taryn was one of the first bloggers I met when starting my blog (through the small blog meet at Lily's Quilts) and I think she was even one of my very first followers.  And she is part of the blog hop!

This pillow is almost done - I just need to find a better pillow insert (do I say this every time I post a pillow?!?)  It was paper pieced using a template from Patchwork Notes.  And I pulled from my scrap basket for almost everything!






After seeing Svetlana's great picnic blanket, I got inspired to make one before the summer's over.  I'm using 10 inch squares - I have a few more to cut and then I plan to start piecing tomorrow.  I'm basically just using a square or two from every fabric in my stash!  Hope it all goes together okay in the end.



And this is the crazy nine patch that I blogged about here.  The quilt top is finished and I decided to hand quilt it so I guess I would say this is my lazy hazy days of summer project!


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to!

And don't forget to check out this week's advice post from Kerry of verykerryberry plus a great fabric giveaway - you can find it here.  Oh, and I'm hosting TGIFF here on Friday so it would be fun if you came back to link up your finishes.




18 comments:

  1. Your cushion is beautiful and that it's made from scraps is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove your pillow! It's fun to try & identify the fabrics in a great scrappy piece like that. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pillow, Beth! I still haven't started making pillow covers for the family room yet, and I've got to get going before summer ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that pillow- I might have to make one of those in a vain attempt to control my scrap baskets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pillow! So many happy prints in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of scraps! Makes for such a cute cushion!

    Will have to work to get a finish for TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillow, Beth. So many great prints. Have you tried a feather insert? I buy them at Pottery Barn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout-out! :D That pillow is so cute! It is fun to spot all the pieces of fabric. I also love the quilting between the patches! The hand quilting on the crazy nine patch looks so fun, I think it adds so much personality to a quilt. I am still scared of hand quilting, but I am slowly getting braver!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pillow is great! I love all the close together stitching on the sashing. I am a scrap-a-holic and I am LOVING all the scrappy projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cushion is beautiful and I love the scrappy look! I really want to make that picnic blanket too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this pillow is great....and i love the picnic blanket plan. i loved that picnic blanket too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it's amazing what scraps people have! Loving yours, they're all so bright and fun! Will look forward to seeing more of the picnic blanket =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sashing between the blocks really shows the colour. Have fun with th 10" squares and the picnic blanket. Love the way Svetlana has neatly rolled it up....would mine end up this way.?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the combination of fabrics you've used in the pillow and the spotty sashing. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been hoarding some fussy cut pieces for awhile and it just struck me that this design would be the perfect way to use them. Duh! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beth, oh my goodness! You are amazing! Look at how much you've gotten done - that 9 patch came together beautifully - and FAST. I LOVE the hand quilting! Wow. And you sure got the hang of paper piecing fast, that pillow, it just looks perfectly sewn. I'm so inspired! I need to find more time to sew, there is so much I want to do.

    Can't wait to see that picnic blanket - I saw Svetlana's as well as was also really inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!