I just want to start this post by saying that I included these fabric photos in this post for no other reason than to add "visual interest." I'm currently making something with this bundle of Oakshott Ruby which I'll post about next week but since I love to take photos of fabric . . .
How do you use social media? When I first started blogging (over two years ago - wow!), I signed up for everything out there but quickly realized I couldn't keep up with so many different outlets. At some point, I decided I would just stick with blogging and Instagram - and I guess flickr to some extent.
Yes - I still like blogs! I like writing mine and reading others. I actually really like seeing several photos of quilts. I like reading the story behind the quilts. I like to hear about your process of making the quilt - what went well and what went wrong.
And I love Instagram (come find me on there - I'm @plumandjune.) I like seeing the snippets of daily life, the WIPS, the finishes and I REALLY like all the interaction that happens over there.
I've recently started using Pinterest again (so I guess I should probably add a follow me on pinterest button back to sidebar soon - you can find me here: http://www.pinterest.com/plumandjune/ ) I'm still not exactly sure how to integrate Pinterest into my blog life but I've decided to start by creating a pin board of my projects. Regardless of how I use it for plum and june, I still like using it as a place to keep tips, tutorials, recipes, home ideas, etc so that I can easily find them later.
I'm running out of the oakshott fabric photos so I'll finish this post and leave you with my questions:
1. How do you use social media - both in your personal life and in your blog life?
2. How do you use pinterest as part of your blog life - do you use it to promote your blog posts?
3. For those of you who don't have blogs, what is your take on social media?
4. Do you tend to focus on just one or two outlets or do you use everything available? What do you think are the pros or cons?
5. Do you follow blogs using a reader (like bloglovin' or feedly), by email, or do you check social media to see when someone publishes a new post?
If you want to follow me on social media, find me on Instagram (@plumandjune - or click here), pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com/plumandjune/), and flickr (click here to get to my flickr page).