Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ipanema Blocks Quilt


Surprisingly (to me at least), I have several finished projects to write about.  I'll take them one at a time though and start with this quilt.  I know I already showed this photo on Monday but I wanted to dedicate an actual post to this quilt.



This was another project I did for the Birch Organic Fabrics blog.  You can see the tutorial by clicking here.  And you can see all of the fabrics in this collection by clicking here.


I really like this fabric collection.  As with their other collections, it is a truly wonderful mix of fun novelty prints and seriously awesome blenders.  I especially love the yellow geometric print  - it also comes in blue - I can see using that print again and again.  



The design I used is very beginner-friendly and is easily customizable.  I really like figuring out designs that allow you to vary your block sizes for personalized fussy cutting.  



That's it for today.  I'll be writing more posts soon including letting you know the outcome of the projects I talked about in last week's post as well as a post about something very special and totally unexpected that came in the mail yesterday that seriously left me speechless!!!

And if you haven't already, click here to enter the giveaway of some of this gorgeous Ipanema fabric from Fabricworm/Birch Organics Fabrics.   

14 comments:

  1. what a fun quilt. I love all that unexpected, almost improv placement of print blocks. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a quilt making machine! But seriously, this is really cute. I really like the aqua background, the fabrics really pop against it. How fun that you have been doing projects for Birch, they're fabrics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabrics with the vintage Volkswagons. That's super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this collection too. Your quilting is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous. Is quilting wiggly lines difficult? Do you use your walking foot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely colours and I like the non conventional placing and size of the blocks, great ,modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, it's lovely. I especially like the white border around the blue background. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fabrics and perfect quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these simple modern designs you come up with and the organic quilting is a perfect compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the random feel,it's perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt Beth. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just bought this fabric for my daughter's nursery, and love the quilt you created. If you don't mind sharing, can you please say what solid colors you used? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!