Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Travelling PicStitch Blog Hop


Today is my turn on The Travelling PicStitch Blog Hop organized by Laura from Quokka Quilts and Katy from The Littlest Thistle.  The idea for this hop is that we are to pick a photo and then make an EPP block inspired by the color palette of the photo.

For my inspiration, I chose a photo that I took at the lake this summer.



I started making a block just using the blues and gray from the lake. Then I decided to do one in green (using these templates).  And then purple.  And yellow  . . .


Before I knew it, I had a whole rainbow of EPP blocks and a completed quilt!  And since the quilt was one of my most favorite so far, I decided to post about it for the Blogger's Quilt Festival going on right now (click here to see the finished quilt) so I took out my original inspiration photo and made this block for the PicStitch hop:




This block is almost the Georgetown Carnival block from Lily's Quilts but without the 12 squares between the outside triangles. I quilted this one to the background echoing the center hexagon and I'm thinking it will eventually be a pillow but I haven't quite decided yet.  And I so wish I chose a light gray for the background fabric - oh, well - that would be an awful lot of stitches to unpick!


You can find all the details about The Travelling PicStitch Blog Hop here including the schedule, the sponsors, and  information about the link up at the end of November.   And check out yesterday's (Sunday) post from Helen at Run Quilt Knit Write and tomorrow's (Tuesday) from Martha at Weekend Doings.







Recent posts:
Blogger's Quilt Festival:  All My Favorite Quilt-y Things Quilt
Fat Quarter Shop Giveaway and Monday Link-Up


11 comments:

  1. You have been very busy at EPP! I love the block that you made, it reminds me of a sunflower! I think it will lovely on a pillow.
    I like the brown background:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy :)
    Great EPP blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous.
    What a triumph xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous EPP - I have already expresed my lovce of your rainbow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those EPP blocks! Can't wait to see your finished piece - a tote bag would look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely!!! Which lake was it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a lot of EPPing! I love your blocks, they're gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous EPP blocks - and I love your inspiration pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are beautiful! I like the brown background - warmer than grey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an EPP fan(atic!) Great blocks and congratulations on getting your quilt finished in time for the festival.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!