Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival 2


For my second entry into the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I am entering one of my most favorite quilts that I have made.



I made this quilt earlier this year - mostly to use up some scraps.   I don't even think I had much of a plan when I started.


This quilt lives on our couch and is used everyday!  I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons my daughters' love it is because it is backed in soft flannel.


This was one of the largest quilts I've made and I still remember my husband constantly having to take breaks to rest his arms while I was taking photos.


I'm going to put it in the home machine quilted category.  I quilted most of it with a figure 8 design but I also mixed in some clamshells and some wavy-ish lines.  If I am remembering correctly, this was the first time I tried the figure 8 design - but it was definitely not the last!

18 comments:

  1. I love the cheerful colours in your scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Beth! Flannel is not an easy material to push though a home machine because of its heaviness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I like those random blocks in the light areas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this beauty. I love everytthing about it. the scrapyness, the quilting, the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a loved quilt is the best kind of quilt! This looks so snuggly and cosy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one of my favorites of yours too. I love the low-volume intruders in the background strips! Scrap quilts always get the most love around here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so snuggly...possibly not the most long and descriptive of comments I have left on a blog post but that is how I feel when I look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt Beth- front and back! I think scrappy quilts are just my favorites!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fantastic quilt, love, love, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite quilts you've made too. Thanks for sharing it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous scrappy quilt. The quilting makes me want to snuggle under it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great entry! I love this quilt. =) it can come live on my couch if it wants to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous! Love that you broke up the light strips with a few low-volume fabrics. Beautiful use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty front and back...and the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your design! What a great way to use up scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is just one of those quilts that calls to you to cuddle in it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!