I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love making these little doll/stroller/play quilts! It is such a fun way to try out new designs and practice free motion quilting. And bonus - not only do my daughters (all 3 of them) love playing with the quilts (doll blankets, tablecloths for impromptu tea parties, forts) - they also make great gifts.
This week, I tried something new with this loopy FMQ design.
And then I used this mini to try a spiral. I've done this before with a walking foot but this is the first time I tried it with the free motion foot.
As you can see, I definitely need more practice!
These little quilts were not specifically on my 100 Day Hustle list but I'm amending #4 on my list which was "pouches, journal covers, and other similar items for birthday party gifts" to include little quilts since I plan on making more (you know - for the practice!)
And since it is almost the halfway point for the 100 Day Hustle, here is my update:
1. Quilt for my middle daughter - completed (here it is.)
2. Toy Buckets for my baby's room - done but I haven't blogged about it yet.
3. Stroller Blanket that attaches to the stroller - done (here it is.)
4. Birthday party gifts - no pouches or journal covers yet but I'm putting the little quilts above in this category.
5. Table Runner - no progress.
6. Sewing Machine - done!!!!!!!! Just got it today actually - more about that later!
7. Floor Pillows - I've bought some pillow inserts in various sizes but I haven't made any covers recently.