I haven't been sewing much lately so I don't really have anything to share except this set of drawstring bags I made a few weeks ago. I used this tutorial again but with my own measurements - however, I really should have paid better attention to my measurements because both bags came out about 10 times larger than I needed. The top bag was intended to be used to protect my camera inside this bag so I added a layer of batting. And I, um, could probably fit 3 large cameras inside of it. I made the bottom bag to carry my cross-stitch project but that bag ended up large enough to fit a sewing machine - well, that is a bit of an exaggeration but only a bit!
And I also want to mention some happy mail: an absolutely beautiful handmade item arrived in my mailbox today from across the pond. Sarah from Silly Banana Sewing made me this gorgeous pillow cover (it is the first photo in this post - I'll post some photos of it on a cushion soon) as a (totally unnecessary) thank you for organizing the new blogger blog hop last year. She also included several fabric scraps (including some Simply Color charms) for my daughters. Thank you so much Sarah!