Monday, April 28, 2014

beginnings



Has anyone seen my sewing mojo anywhere???  I just got home from my 3rd trip in 5 weeks (all fun but AAAAH - that is a lot of traveling!) and it is nowhere to be seen. Ironically, I have lots of projects I want to start - I just can't seem to find the motivation to actually sew. The photo above is a preliminary fabric pull for what may someday be a triangle quilt.


I also would really like to finally try to make a geranium dress for my 2 year old. I know, I've been saying that for at least a year but I bought the pattern over the weekend so this time I'm serious! I've heard great things about the pattern and I love so many of the versions I see pop up online so I'm not sure what I'm waiting for.


And I want to make a quilt using these new fabrics that were sent to me from Birch. These are from an upcoming collection called Feather River. I was actually about to start sewing with these today but my sewing machine was misbehaving - ugh!

Thanks again for all the great comments on my recent posts about glue basting and pinning. It was great to hear everyone's methods!

If you see my sewing mojo anywhere - let me know! Any advice on how to find it?

16 comments:

  1. I think your SewJo is hiding out with mine, ha ha! Nowhere to be found!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a global thing. My sewjo took off just yesterday, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need some down time and it will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, my sewjo is gone but I have a commission with a tight deadline so I'm having to sew anyway. Often I find just taking a break really does help, but if it's been more than a week I'll often force myself to sit at the machine and just sew something. Generally that gets me going enough. :) But there's nothing wrong with taking a break! I know it's hard when you have a blog to attend to, but sometimes we really just need some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my mojo with my morning sickness. Now that it's gone I have lots of ideas but no energy. Bits and pieces at a time and I hope it will come back soon. I saw those blue fish are going to come in knit and I am so excited to make something for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through this and it is OK. Actually I think it is a good thing to recharge the creative energy. For me, when I get in a sewing funk I play with scraps. Happy colors sewn together and ironed nicely make me want to do more. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found that the best thing to do is just nothing. Or just buy more fabric, whichever works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean - I lost mine for about 5 years and it was hard to find again, LOL!! But don't worry, once you do, you'll be on fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sew jo has to be around somewhere. Petting fabric in the meantime is great therapy! I like Kathy's idea. Playing with scraps might just coax your sew jo out of hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe have a little rest first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my. I feel like I'm right there with you. I'm just trying to do ONE thing a day. I'm keeping my goals bite-sized so I don't throw up my hands at it all and plop in front of the telly. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out - you've got beautiful plans. The triangle quilt should be subtle and gorgeous; I want to make a geranium dress myself (maybe you should start a dress-along?); and I LOVE that new line by Birch - I just moved from Montana and that seems to be mountain-ish without being too cutesy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you find yours will you send it my way (Richardson, Texas)? I just signed up for a class (live and in person) so hopefully that will bring back the joy of playing with pretty fabric. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric would be so classic and pretty in geranium. And I Love Birch prints/designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much good stuff in this post! Feeling any more like sewing?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am new to sewing clothes, but I had no trouble with this pattern. You can make this a dozen times and everyone will look different, and the more you make, the easier it gets. I feel like I got a bargain by purchasing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am new to sewing clothes, but I had no trouble with this pattern. The directions are easy to follow, and you can make this dress a dozen times and every one will look different. I feel like I got a bargain when I purchased this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!