I had no real reason to make this quilt. In fact, I had lots of other quilty and non-quilty things I should have been doing but when I was cleaning up my sewing space, I somehow put a few of these fabrics together and just started sewing. Okay, maybe not "no real reason," I was organizing the room so that I could start a new quilt, I just didn't know it would be this one.
My first thought was to make a simple patchwork squares quilt but that just didn't quite seem right with these fabrics. Right before I started cutting the first square, I thought - maybe I should finally try triangles. When I tried piecing triangles last year, it didn't work out so well but I figured it was time to try again.
I think only one triangle on the top row has a point but by the time I got to the bottom row, I was closer to figuring out the piecing triangles thing - well, kind of. I still had several missing their points but at least more triangles had them than didn't!
I used a textured solid fabric for sashing between the triangle rows which I really like and will definitely be using again. When I was looking at the photos, I was surprised to see that it looked like the sashing fabric was the same color as the fabric in some of the triangles. But you can see in the photo below that they are actually at least a few shades away from each other.
And quilted it with straight lines spaced at about 1/2". It would probably be more accurate to call it organic straight line quilting as not all the lines are actually straight and not all are exactly 1/2" apart.
I wasn't sure what to do for the binding but ultimately decided to use sketch in mist. And then I finished it by carrying the quilt around my house taking about a million photos! I figured I'd only use 7 for this post though.