One of my favorite, and unexpected, things to come from starting this blog was meeting so many other new craft bloggers. Through link parties, quilt alongs, flickr, etc., the number of blogs I follow has quadrupled! I love visiting all these new blogs (as well as the blogs I have been following for years) - finding inspiration, gathering tips and tricks, learning new techniques, and following fun tutorials. When I used to find new blogs, I would go through their archives and really keep up on all their posts. However, because of the number of new blogs I am finding, I can't do that anymore. So, I was thinking - what if we have a Blog Hop. That way, we can really get to know our new blog friends and their blogs. What do you think?
Here are my thoughts:
1. Participants must have started blogging in 2011 or 2012 and the focus of the participant's blog must be quilting.
2. We'll hop to 2 blogs a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays.)
3. Edited May 9th: 3. The theme of the Hop is novelty prints (blogger's choice - typewriters, monsters, bicycles, clocks, animals - or even just flowers.) You can make anything related to quilting - a quilt of any size, bags, coasters, etc. You don't need to include a full tutorial but you should include pics and a few words about your process. Your project does not need to be used just for the hop - link it wherever you want, use it for a swap or a QAL - whatever you want.
4. Optional: Make a collage of your favorite projects/posts to include in your post on your day in the hop.
5. Optional: Answer some questions about yourself and your blog (if you don't want to answer the questions, just leave them out of your post or write different ones.)
- How long have you been quilting
- Favorite quilting tip(s)
- Favorite blogging tip(s)
- Favorite fabric
6. I'll write up a master list with the schedule for everyone to cut and paste to their blogs on their hop day (or before) - this could include your name, the name of your blog, and a sentence or two about your blog or project. I'll also create a homepage for the Blog Hop which will include this information as well as a photo of your favorite project.
Anyone interested? Let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Send me an email (plumandjune(at)gmail(dot)com) or leave a comment below. Be sure to let me know if you have a preference for what date in May or June you want the hop on your blog.
And please share this post with your new blog friends - link, tweet, pin - whatever you usually do to pass the word along.
I hope you, my new blogger friends, will be excited about this - I think it will be a great opportunity to find new blogs and help new bloggers find you.
Once I hear from you, I'll create a button and write up a schedule. Oh, and create a flickr group.
Looking forward to seeing the response to this post!
*May 7th - editing to say that since almost everyone who has responded prefers June that I'll change the dates to Summer 2012. Oh, and I'm very happy that so many of you are interested in partipating - I'm very excited!