Do you remember way back when the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop started in May? Well, one of the first stops on the hop was my friend Alyssa at Pile O' Fabric and I'm so excited to be telling you today about a very cool quilt along Alyssa is hosting on her blog.
Alyssa has partnered up with Carolina Patchworks (Emily Cier) who wrote Scrap Republic, Quilt Remix, and Pixel Play (coming soon). Emily's work is also in Modern Blocks and We Love Color.
For this Quilt Along, Alyssa chose Emily's Groove Quilt Pattern. It might seem a bit intimidating, but Emily assures it is much easier than it looks! This will nevertheless be a challenging Quilt Along in Solid Color Selection and Curve Piecing, but still achievable for the newer quilter—and rewarding, too! As you quilt along there will be wonderful tutorials and advice on fabric selection, piecing curves, and quilting techniques from amazing quilters. Emily's patterns are very easy to follow and always have instructions for crib, lap, twin, queen, and king. You are welcome to make this quilt any way you see fit, so if you prefer to use prints then go for it! It will be neat to see everyones own interpretation.
Here are the current scheduled posts for the Quilt Along:
- August 2nd - Planning and Choosing your Fabric (and if you need fabric, I’ve arranged for a 20% discount on Kona Cotton at Fat Quarter Shop)
- August 9th - Meet the Totally Groovy Designer, Emily Cier
- August 16th - Cutting your templates
- August 22nd - Intro to Curves Piecing by Alyssa Lichner
- August 23rd - Piecing Traditional Curves by Jacquie Gering at Tallgrass Prairie Studio
- August 30th - Piecing Curves without Pins by Kate Conklin at Kate Conklin Designs
- September 6th - Piecing Curves without Pins by Emily Cier at Carolina Patchworks
- September 7th - Piecing Curves with a Curve Master Foot by Amanda Woodruff at A Crafty Fox
- September 13th - Putting all the pieces together, finishing your quilt top
- September 20th - Choosing a Backing Design
- September 27th - A Look at Emily Cier's New Book Pixel Play
- October 4th - Totally Groovy Quilting Tips by Angela Walters from Quilting is my Therapy
- October 18th - Wrapping up and linky party begins
- October 25th - Submissions do for Grand Prize Winners
Throughout the course of the QAL, participants will have the chance to win AMAZING prizes. For exact prize details, visit Pile O' Fabric.
The PatternCarolina Patchworks will be offering all QAL Participants a discount on her pattern.
- 20% off 2 or more (a great chance to get another one of Emily's wonderful patterns) code: TOTALLYGROOVY
- 15% off Groove Paper Pattern code: GROOVEPAPER
- 15% off Groove PDF Pattern code: GROOVEPDF
Fat Quarter Shop is offering all QAL Participants a 20% Discount on all KONA cotton from now till August 30th using code: Sewing101
Pile O' Fabric is having a giveaway for a Totally Groovy Quilt Package! Everything you need to join the fun including $75 to The Fat Quarter Shop to get your fabric and a Groove Quilt Pattern to Quilt Along! This giveaway ends July 31st.
And that is not the only way to win a pattern: Pile O' Fabric would like to get an approximate head count of you all. If you plan to join and Quilt Along please fill out the sign up form, this will NOT commit you to anything. If you sign up you will be entered into a drawing to win 1 of 10 Groove Patterns (paper).